Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Seriously this time......

I got a little heartsick last night about my complete lack of blogging lately.

I don't really care about the blogging, for its own sake or if anyone reads it.
 I have needed to get down to the bare bones of life in order to get  into the swing of homeschooling two kids at once.


The truth is that the reason I am writing is that yesterday morning Tommy was not being himself so I checked his temperature and it was over 102. So I got him some meds and his pillow and blanket to snuggle with on the couch. He then asked me for his stitch.

Stitch as in the little blue alien from the Disney movie.
He sleeps with it every night and has weeded it out from and impressive collection of things he used to sleep with. He loves it.
And I had a moment of panic.... what if someday I forget how much he loved that stupid thing.

What if I forget that Bella telling me a couple days ago that she wanted to have a spa day and put "pickle slices" on my eyes and take a bath in mud.

How would it feel to not be able to tell Daniel that when he was three his favorite food was banana's and his favorite show was mighty machines... the one about going to digging school.  And he liked the bad guys better than the good guys. And he talked constantly about fighting a skeleton army.

And Vivian.... I am sure I won't forget to tell her that her toddlerhood nearly killed me... assuming I survive. If she gets out of sight for even a moment all hell breaks loose. The other day I found her under the chopping block in the kitchen with a steak knife..... seriously.

I am pretty sure she was out to get me since I didn't write her birthday post.


I have no other system for keeping track of these insane but beautiful days.

So I must write it seems.

No comments: