Friday, September 28, 2012

Hellllooooo????

Each morning I am awakened multiple times by various people and animals.

First it is the baby crying at two a.m because she caught her leg in the crib.
Then it is the six year old at four a.m. telling me her hamster is keeping her up running in her wheel.
Did you know hamsters are nocturnal?
We only see her about twenty minutes a day while we eat breakfast....
or at four a.m...
smelly useless thing.

Then is is the husbands alarm at five thirty... five forty five.... six... six fifteen.....

and I don't dare complain because HE is the one who has to get up... not me.
I am just the only one who hears the alarm because I never got into the blessed deep sleep he did.

Well that isn't true either... often the three year old hears the alarm and takes that as his cue to come take Dad's place in bed. He likes to sleep sideways or ask constantly if its morning yet.
When he has had enough he pulls the "I need to go potty!" card and gets me out of bed way too early.

Some mornings though I just turn on the tv and let his brain turn to mush while I try to get twenty more minutes.

Soon however there are two kids and then three..... and then the arguments about who gets to cuddle on either side of me starts.
 I am very popular and I have unfortunately not evolved yet into my roll as a mother of four.
I still only have two arms.
 I am writing a book to refute Darwin's theory based on this fact....
that is what has been keeping me from blogging.

 That and a lack of sleep and Vivian's horrifying toddler-hood and homeschooling and general laziness. But I'm back... I hope... I'll try... oh well.

Is anybody still out there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH HALE YEH....PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WAITING TO READ THIS HYSTERICAL, SAD COMMENTARY FOR MONTHS!!!!!..

i am pleased to see that your sense of humor is still in tact, even if you might not FEEL it!!

you haven't lost your touch for making us feel like we live with you and feel every bump, twist and blessing of your overwhelmingness!!
*my computer is telling me that wasn't a real word) but i'm thinking most people will get it! :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for coming back from oblivion to share your very busy/humorous life with us once again!!!

NEXT TIME SHARE SOME PICS..cause that last time you wrote the kids were 6 months younger *almost* and they've all changed so much!!

LOVE YOU BIG MUCH, and have to tell you how SHOCKED i was to see that HELLLOOOOO on you site that i check dozens of times a day!! :D

xoxoxo AJ aka GiGi

Anonymous said...

P.S. and NO i didn't know Hamsters were nocturnal!!!! and have to admit i'm SHOCKED that you paid to have a mouse in the house!!! *and yes, i know you didn't pay for it*

and the way you described Tom's alarm clock going off, rolled me of my chair laughing!

i sure do enjoy reading your blogs!!! have i mentioned that lately??? obviously i have nagged you enough to get you to come back to ALL OF US who love you!! xoxo GiGi

Anonymous said...

I'm here too :)

Mama Spud said...

I'm here! -Karen

Welcome back!