Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More

I have decided less is more.

 Brought on by so many things it would be nearly impossible to list them all I decided to delete my facebook account. If this weekends awesomeness is any indication of the way I had let constant connectivity encroach on my actual life with these precious people who share my home then all I can say is good riddance.




Maybe it seems like nonsense that I am writing about being less connected on my BLOG... and maybe it is but to me this is in a whole other category. This is sharing my family with friends and long distance family, this is keeping track of our lives and stories at a time when there is barely any time to snap a picture.

Facebook is something else entirely. And while it had many good points it seemed to me to have far more bad and ugly ones. And I am just plain to sensitive to begin with.....

So this Friday I shut it down and this weekend was a perfect mix of slowing down and checking things of the "to do" list.  We had three out of four kids sick to varying degrees in rotation so we spent a lot of time cuddling and feeling justified watching one movie after another.

But before everyone got sick we had begun to paint the kids rooms. We switched them a while back when Vivian moved out of our room because the girls NEED the bigger closet of course... more shoes you know.

Since then the girls have been living with blue and the boys have been living with purple.
You never saw little kids so excited for white paint in your life.... Tommy even went so far as to declare it his favorite color..


Tom called this my Valentine's Day gift and I was totally happy.... love translates differently when you have four kids and almost ten years together.

To top it off after he had done all this work all day Saturday he proceeded to make me feel even more inferior and blessed by making a yummy and healthy dinner after the kids were in bed. He even knew the weight watchers points... the man knows me.

(speaking of weight watchers all this illness has thrown me for a loop... but I am maintaining and ready for a comeback!) 


Since we put it all back together we have added decals and things to make it less boring than plain old white. I really love the white though, I used to hate plain walls but now it seems like the lack of color actually makes it easier to make it more colorful.... scope for the imagination.

So less is more. Less paint colors and more imagination and homemade artwork.
Less facebook... more blogging.
Less surface time and more serous family time.
more fun,
more laughs,
more moments.

And for this one less crawling and more walking... she decided Monday to give walking equal time and practice. Eleven months old. Here we go.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Was worried when I hadn't heard from you for a while. Hope things slow down and you can spend time doing things you need to do. Will miss your updates though...how's the french lessons coming?
Glad you are well and hope to see you soon. I laughed outloud when I read that your Valentine's dinner had calculated points!
Grace

Anonymous said...

i totally do understand, BUT...i miss you so much on FB....so many mornings you started my day off with a literal LOL.....and pics of the kiddo's!....but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and you're a busy lady with MUCH to do...and if it's giving you stress and bad feelings, then it's best to take a break! LOVE YOU and thanks for keeping us in touch this way!!....GOOD JOB on the "points" for Valentines Dinner....that's "TRUE LOVE" <3