Monday, January 30, 2012

A snapshot of my brain... with random photos that may or may not be related in any way.....

I want to use the word "busy" to describe my life lately but that seems silly. My life has been busy for six years.... or at least I thought it was busy before I knew better.


I now know better.


We have hit overdrive here. It just seems now that Vivi is crawling and cruising around, now that Isabella has officially started homeschooling, now that only half of the children nap everyday.... its just never ending.

 Top it off with the fact that Tom has been spending every spare moment he has building a garage for his business and of course there was the usually holiday pandemonium...

well, my sense of normalcy got thrown out back at the end of November with the Thanksgiving leftover's.



When you add it all up and the chaos of a day without Daddy is over you are left with me, sitting in a corner each night looking very unkempt, and watching garbage reality shows on Hulu or weird old netflix movie to try and turn off my brain...
it is stubborn about winding down each evening.

As much as I would like to relax my brain seems to kick on some kind of backwards stopwatch.... counting down the (probable) time until the children will awaken again.
With each tick it reminds me of the things I could be doing to get ahead...


what about that laundry? TICK.
Maybe you should take a look at tomorrows art project? TOCK.
Don't forget you need to get a grocery list together! TICK.
Did you remember to file those assignments and receipts... and doesn't Bella have a quiz? TOCK.
And by the way, some one is going to get the plague from the state of the bathroom....
Also you need some sleep.... only six hours and twenty three minutes till Daniel gets up!!!!

Also as weird side note and to show how nuts I am....
I was informed by my husband (whom I do not get to catch up with often) that Daniel has been getting up and crawling into our bed at three a.m. And these last few weeks I couldn't figure out why he was suddenly taking such good naps... 

apparently it because he is up at three and then again at five at which point he asks Tom every twenty minutes or so if its time to get up yet...


Sadly all I could think at this point was Thank God for a king size bed, and I will sacrifice Tom's sleep if he naps better! Its his sleep or my sanity....


  Anyway. Then before I know it its morning.... and they create more laundry, because Bella wants to change clothes at least three times a day because her socks are falling down, or her pants are to tight, or she just feels like a boy if she can't wear a dress.... she really did say that.

And they don't like the art project, because art IS NOT about being told what to make, as any five year old worth her crayons knows... and anyway we ran out of glue stick because someone (DANIEL) painted the wall with them.

And there are more things to file as soon as I turn around... and I did them wrong anyway... that goes under Automotive NOT tools..... how am I supposed to know?

And the bathroom gets cleaned just in time for someone to miss and someone else to catch a stomach bug... possibly from the prior (and rapidly returning) state of the bathroom... that possibility is now causing guilt about my housekeeping skills....

And with four kids and someone seemingly always sick or teething I will ALWAYS need more sleep.

The clock is lying.... getting "ahead" is pipe dream. So pass the popcorn and be quiet while I watch celebrity wife swap.


No comments: