Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Coffee, Cuddling, and Crafts... I Love Rainy Days

Lots of random and fun the last two days....

Every single picture is followed by then screaming "show me, show me!"
It's a simple and lovely magic to them... maybe whatever gene causes them to squeal with joy at their immortalized selves is the same one giving me the itch to write about them..
A tiny crumb of their childhood I can sweep up and keep at the end of each day.... if only I can find the energy to get out the broom, uh.... laptop that is.


Daniel calls him "Thomas" all the time lately... I think he realizes I use it in authority... so he will assert himself this way as well.


Tommy is still a baby lover, more like his Dad each day.
No matter how hot it is he always wants to wear his jeans like Daddy.
He puts them on and tells me how they used to be Dad's but now they are little for him. 
I don't correct him about how hand me downs really work  because it makes him so happy.


This little girl watched way too much tv the last two days. But it finally rained here so it was really nice to not feel pressed to get outside and play.
Instead we enjoyed cuddling up inside for a little R and R.


Jack didn't rest at all... always on guard, I love him.
He is giving us fits lately about eating but I am hoping, praying and believing he is just picky.
That would be very much a trait he has inherited from us, and the vet can't find anything wrong so just say a prayer that he is in it with us for the long haul please?
We unexpectedly lost are last dog far too young, and we want to see Jack get old and lazy.


Anyway there is nothing wrong with MY appetite and since I have given up keeping diet pop in the house and I NEED caffeine... I have developed a coffee habit.
It makes me feel sophisticated, grown up and a lot like my mom, she goes to bed with the stuff.

I was heading into the kitchen for more wake up juice when I encountered a battle field of baby dolls.
I of course took a picture...


My house is randomly weird and randomly cute.


Since we have finally been home for twenty four consecutive hours I finally started a project I had been wanting to do for the boys room. I got the idea here.


It's not done yet because I tragically ran out of mod podge... that will not happen again.
But you get the idea. I love having scripture around my house, that way mid meltdown I can look up and fortify myself with a little bit of truth to get me through the next illness, or messy diaper, or failed napping attempt.

Also falling under the category of "lazy crafting"....
I got a new travel mug so I can take my addiction to coffee on the road, and got a "personalizeable" one because every other one I have ever owned has been silver... and I have had them for maybe a week before someone else adopted them and I never saw them again.
This one is mine... it contains my scrapbook paper... it therefore counts as something I "made".
So God help you if I am at your house and find it in your cabinet.
Good luck explaining that one.


And last but not least... what to do with this?


These are all my babies... before they got mouthy and grew up without asking.
I want to somehow put names with these pictures, and the meanings of the names.
They are 8x10 so I was thinking of getting bigger frames with 8x10 mat's and writing on those... but that costs money... Any cheapo ideas?


Last two reason's my day was awesome? Tom got me a rug on clearance! 
He said its my "almost" ten pounds down reward...




Our living room carpet has led a pitiful and disgusting life... and it has to last a few more years but now I don't have to look at it!
Can you tell this made me very happy?


Last thing on my happy list...


Daddy sharing truth with his kiddo's.


Tom reads to them all, and then Bella and I do another devotion just for her.
 I read tonight about how Pharaoh ordered the deaths of all the Israelite baby boys, because he was afraid someday they would take his place as King... and about how the two nurses didn't listen to Pharaoh, they listened to God, and saved the babies.

She was confused, so I explained some more. She seemed troubled and I was worried that the horror of infanticide was too much for her five year old heart.

But then she piped up and let me into her amazing mind.

"Mama... why didn't he kill the girls too? Girls could grow up and fight him the same as boys!"
She makes her Mama proud that one.

(and she took this picture herself!)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: