Friday, April 15, 2011

Six Week Staycation

 I'm ready to start heading out a bit more now that the weather is warming up.

We have been living in our pj's for the last six weeks.
Staying home every chance we get.
Happily eating whatever junk is easy and available.
We have had pancakes so much it feels like a vacation with a breakfast bar.
No reason not to make a nice brunch when you are trying to be lazy and not go anywhere.
....that is only when we actually make it downstairs and out of our bed.
We bought a new one, a king instead of a queen so we could all fit for movies and early morning cuddling.
We had a rule about no kids coming into our bed but we have found that we can get at least an hour more sleep if we let them in and turn on the tv....
all "rules" went out the window after baby number three.
Sleep is vital and in short supply.

I will say that I felt funny about spending money on a bed... but now that I've slept in it?
Just try to take it back and see what I do.
Its heavenly.

Its so nice not to roll involuntarily into the middle... its all flat... no valley!
And to not hear about how I hog the bed, (which I do... I admit)
I wake up and can't tell if anyone else is there or not!
No more freezing cold feet kicking me in the stomach...
ok well at least not until the third child gets there.

And speaking of the third child and cuddle time.

Daniels very favored Aunt "G-G" is away for a bit and we are missing her much.
So these are for you GG... your baby fix.
The two "babies" cuddling on the couch...
Also took Vivi for her weight check today! She is up to 8 pounds 11 ounces!
She has gained 3 ounces in as many days... she is still tiny but we are headed in the right direction!

2 comments:

Mama Spud said...

Yay!!! Go Vivi go! Gain baby gain!

Ps I like your bed :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Poodie....you just made my day!!! i am in tears....mostly happy and laughter!!...what beautiful kids you have...and i'm so glad you got a super big bed for all of you to have movie times and early morning gatherings!! when i saw the pictures...i realized how much i miss all my kiddo's and how darn cute they are individually and unique to their personalities!! ...but you know that Daniel just MELTS my heart...his facial expressions bring me to tears ...some from missing him and some just laughing at his cuteness!! "Bibian" is quick becoming acquainted with her siblings and that is heartwarming too...how LOVED is she??? :)...seems as though they all love holding her and she is bonding with them each time they do! that is darling!...Thank you again SOOOO much for the pics and for sharing these stories....i'm still and will continue praying Vivi continues to gain weight and for ALL of you to adjust to the new agenda's of the day and for wisdom and direction in all you do....NEVER EVER doubt yourself Poodie...God has entrusted you with these 4 little angels and HE speaks to you on what things are good and the ways you need to direct them!....as long as you seek and Trust HIM...HE will continue to be Faithful to you! comforting to me and you both, i'm sure! I LOVE YOU and am very proud of you and Tom in your raising of these angels! thanks again...you made my day! xoxo GiGi