Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

Sitting on my big comfy couch, with my warm blanket picking at my laptop.
Tom by my side trying to find something interesting on netflix.
Kids tucked in bed and blissfully quiet.
Jack curled up at our feet.

This is how I will welcome the New Year.

If I'm doing what I love at the stroke of midnight, being cozy at home surrounded by everyone I love..
maybe it will set a precedent for how the rest of the year will go.

Tomorrow we will do what we love too.
Sleep in as much as possible... which won't be much I promise.
We'll then move our sleepy selves to the couch with blankets and pillows, 
and we will hand out bowls of dry cereal and put on cartoons until one of us finds the energy to cook.
We will make a big "breakfast lunch" of pancakes or french toast and of course bacon... 
always bacon.

After that the plan gets more fuzzy...
maybe Daniel takes a nap,
maybe I do too,
maybe we go shopping, or to one of the grandparents houses to visit,
maybe we won't leave at all because for a change we don't have to!
Probably we will end the day with a movie after dinner to help kill the time till bedtime with cuddling instead of wrestling.

I resolve this year to do more of this,
just being home with my family,
enjoying the ironic simplicity that accompanies this often chaotic life with small children. 

I hope what ever your doing that your New Year is as happy as mine.

No comments: