Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Deep Thoughts


If it takes me a full five minutes to unhook my bra because the hooks are so mangled does that mean I should throw it out?

Am I the only person in the world who has trouble throwing out old damaged clothes?

And yet strangely when I am able to do it....
(I mean really do it, 
like put it in the outside garbage can where I won't change my mind and get it back out)
.... I suddenly feel free and giddy!
Like the stuff I own doesn't own me!!!
yeah right.

~

How often do normal people wash a bathrobe?
I normally do it when I feel its counter productive to put it on after I'm all squeaky clean from a shower.
Too long?
I thought so....
And then when I do wash it why does it always end up in the load that sits for just slightly too long in the washer?
I hate that mildewy smell....

~

Getting ready for church on Sunday I was so frazzled and busy running around the kitchen trying to feed everyone that I didn't notice Tommy sneeze... twice.
Both times he reprimanded me "Mommy say Byess you!"

There is a sad irony in this.

~

I am right now smack dab in the middle of this pregnancy.
We are parents to three and a half children.
in slightly less than five and a half years.
I don't really wonder why people think I'm crazy, I just wish we could leave it unspoken a little more often.

"Are you Catholic?"
No I quit.

"Don't you know what causes that?"
No I was raised Catholic.

"Wow I could never do that!"
Oh yes you could... this one is only said by people who didn't know me B.C. (before children)

"Are you in a competition?"
If I wanted to compete I would have tried to be an Olympic triathlete... 
it would be easier and I would know when I had won.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me Poodie! You WON!! you won the hearts of three and a half little ones who look to you for love and direction (even tho they don't always understand the latter one) and cuddling and kisses (some open mouthed) and LOVE you now and forever! You've WON the heart and respect of your husband and friends, even tho you think your "friends" don't understand you....maybe, just maybe, they WISHED they had what you have and could do it as well as you do!! NEVER EVER doubt the fact that you are loved and cherished by family and friends, and ALWAYS remember...that there are probably hundreds of triathletes who would change places with you in a New York minute!!! No trophy, metal or News Cast will ever replace the PRIZE you have won!! YOU ARE A WINNER!! and your PRIZES call you MOMMY & WIFE!! luv u xoxox AJ

Anonymous said...

LOL! Dont feel bad Laur. I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of every one of those things! 'Cept I was never Catholic... but considering I did NOT want kids until very shortly before I got married... I hear you!

-Bekah