Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Older the Fiddler, The Sweeter the Tune.

Its Birthday time again.
He really loved the cake, he was just mad that it was all gone....I can relate buddy...

We had a great time on Daniel's birthday, except for the fact that it was like a monsoon for the first two hours,
I'm not kidding, I had to let people borrow clothes and put their stuff in the dryer.
otherwise, lots of fun....
and mud... 
this is Tom trying to direct the water that was creating a swimming pool in front of our porch.
Notice the happy birthday banner on the tent was also destroyed.
That was Tommy's when he was a baby... 
I can't talk about it yet....
Anyway..
I learned something new about my husband...
He can make balloon animals....
 *crickets chirping*

there is no punch line, 
I'm serious....
It makes me wonder what else I don't know after five years of marriage???

Should I just assume I will never know everything???

Is he capable of doing anything the children or I ask of him???
It's starting to look that way.....

oh wait... 
nevermind, one thing he can't do.....he is never on time for anything!

HA! 
Do I seem as bitter as I feel?
I feel like if anymore hidden talents come to light I'm going to develop and inferiority complex....
who am I kidding I think I already have one.
This is a tough act to follow people.
They already love him more simply because he is around less...
and therefore he yells less...
But now I have to learn party tricks to keep up with him?

Of course I'm kidding..... mostly.


Anyway... Ten days after Daniels Birthday, and today is mine.
I am 27... which is starting to "feel" old... maybe because I can see thirty over the horizon...
Maybe because I'm finally entering that magical time everyone said would come.... 
the time were I don't really care anymore what most people think.... 
of anything.....
Maybe this seems silly but I used to care a lot... a whole lot.
I still do but not like I did.
The vanity of the teenage years is fading, replaced by a quiet comfortableness.
The vagueness of the future,
the millions of ideas and the excitement over every new thing is replaced by consistency and a realization of what is going to make me happy.... 
what is lasting, 
what truly matters.
Like a morning dream,
life becomes more and more bright the longer we live, 
and the reason of everything appears more clear.
- Jean Paul Richter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love to read the blog (its the first thing i look at in the m
morning)...if i m not working

ps the older the fiddle..fiddle..not fiddler