Monday, May 3, 2010

The Tree House

My.... uh.... the kids tree house is almost finished!
Tom is working late tonight... and since I miss him I will mentally relive the weekend.
Tom's little brother came to help this weekend... well younger anyway :) 
I think he's almost bigger than Tom now.

This is the view from my kitchen window..... now you know why I like to cook! 
I can see the whole yard from the kitchen so no matter where he is working I have an excuse to watch!
Not that I need one... 
he's mine.
The kids were all very content to be outside all weekend. Even the littlest.
Still unable to look at the camera....
Tommy watching the boys work... in about ten years this will be how he spends his summers 
with his Dad and Uncles... 
and probably his Grandpa too... he's in better shape than all of them!
I love that he will get to learn how to do it all for himself, like his Dad and both of his Grandfathers.
There is so much value in knowing how to work with your hands.
It's only by God's grace that we make it on one income, 
and it doesn't hurt that when something is broken I know that Tom can fix it or it can't be fixed.

The tree house is actually much farther along than this, I have more pictures tomorrow!

 I will leave you with deep thoughts...

~ When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn’t an option. It’s a necessity. ~
Steve Pavlina
 
~Early to bed and early to rise probably indicates unskilled labor.~
John Ciardi

No comments: