Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Mother's Poem

I was complaining about not being able to find a half hour to clean my bathroom yesterday and my very wise mother reminded me of this....
I have no idea who wrote this but my mom had a version of it on the wall when we were little.


I hope my children
look back on today
and see parents
who had time to play.

Dusting and scrubbing
can wait 'till tomorrow
for babies grow fast
we learn to our sorrow.

There will be years
for cleaning and cooking
but children grow up
when we are not looking.

So settle down cobwebs
and dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you Poodie....that poem makes me cry every time....and its sooo true.......

ps love Daniel s devilish look :)

Anonymous said...

Truer words were never spoken, and i'm glad you're at least posting it, because i know that it will always be in the back of your mind, and when you get stressed out over the "little" things, you be gently reminded of the "BIG" things that will mean so much more down the road! Love you and that picture captures it all!! can you just see that Daniel is going to be a "go-getter" ???? save your strength Poodie....you're gonna need it! :) xoxox

Laura Lee said...

Thanks :) he is going to be busy I think!