Friday, April 30, 2010

Hope.

I have tried and tried to write what I'm feeling today and this is it. 
I didn't write it but it is what I'm trying to say....
it's what I'm screaming in my head.
it's what I'm clinging to for dear life.
Its what I'm praying for everyone I know to grasp and cling too.

"Hope Now"
If everything comes down to love,
Then just what am I afraid of?
When I call out Your name, something awakes in my soul
How quickly i forget I'm Yours.

I am not my own, I've been carried by You... all my life.
Everything rides on hope now.
Everything rides on faith somehow.
When the world has broken me down, 
This Love sets me Free.

When my life is like a storm, 
Rising waters, 
All I want is the shore.
Say I'll be Ok, 
make it through the rain, 
You are my shelter from the storm.

And everything rides on hope now, 
and everything rides on faith somehow, 
when the world has broken me down 
this Love sets me Free.

You've become my hearts desire, 
I will sing Your praises higher.
cause Your Love sets me Free.

I'm not my own... I've been carried by You
all my life.

~Addison Road


Romans 5:3-4 
we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Psalm 62:5-6
 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.

 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN Poodie.....AMEN! XOXO

Sarah said...

This is beautiful! I read yesterday that out of everything negative, positivity still resides. Makes sense to me because even when something bad is said to me it still makes me think and God eventually turns it into a positive. :) Beautiful girlie!