Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Midnight Madness.... 25% off the sleep you thought you'd get !!!

It is almost 1am.....
My throat is sore,
my nose is stuffy,
my toes are numb.....

Yes I have slippers on mom.

Let's Review: 45 minutes ago...I laid down in bed and got comfy.... DING DONG!!!

got a text...

wrote back,,,,

laid down...got comfy cozy....  DING DONG!!!

k...  text back with response that requires NO further response.....

Laid down, snuggle up with Tom.... super comfy....  *contented sigh*

Cue the screaming baby.... *frustrated sigh*
I move around to make Tom aware of the baby situation since he dozed off...
It works and he says "He just needs a pacifier.... I'll go..."
but he does not move ...

so I say " I got it"

He says "no I'll go"....... again very minimal movement..

I know now he is playing the same game I am so I give up and go.

Baby is settled... back in bed.. comfy... drifting to sleep...
Cue the second round of crying from the same disgruntled baby....

Fine.... don't bother hard working husband this time. Go to make a bottle.

And that is when I decided this would be the perfect time for a post about why I picked the name "Mommy @ Midnight".

PS. I typed this all with one finger! Mommy Multitasking :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you need to (a) go to bed earlier (b) turn your phone off (unlikely) or (c) play possum better!

seriously, WHO would text you at midnight? xoxo AJ

Laura Lee said...

It was Bekah because we had a play date planning issue. I was waiting for her ... but the doorbell ring was suddenly VERY annoying.