Friday, March 5, 2010

Fat Friday....or still fat and once again its Friday...

GAINED..... I hate that word...

In my little Weight Watchers book it says +0.6.....  I hate plus signs too.

Let's get this over with....
My Stats:

Started: 265.6
GAINED this week:  +0.6  :(
Weight Now: 229
Lost so far: 36.6

To be perfectly honest I did not count my points the second half of my WW week and I knew it was probably going to be a gain, I was actually a little relieved it wasn't worse!

So why when we know what we want...and know what we have to do to get what we want, do we often do the opposite?

For me what I want at the time seems more important than what I want in the long run. That is the simple answer. And sometimes the scale seems to move sooooo slowly... even when I am giving it 100%. I think I need to focus more on the Non-Scale Victories.

Like getting back into my wedding dress or wearing the jeans I wore in college again.

So I think that means the a list of goals and rewards (both small and big) is that much more important this week.

Last Sunday at church, someone offered to take me out to the salon, and to buy a new outfit, when I get to 50 pounds lost! My Aunt Jeanne was right, God will provide!

In the meantime, when I get to 40 pounds lost I am going to buy my self a new outfit for spring, I would probably be doing it anyway but won't let myself do it until I see -40 on the scale!
I still don't know what to do when I get to my ultimate goal, which is 190. At that point I will have lost 75 pounds....wow. I can't imagine how I let it get that far.... that I would NEED to lose that much weight.

So any ideas on an ultimate reward or celebration? I feel a new poll coming on.

And with two hours left to vote, the results are...... *drumroll please*

A two way tie!
Buy lots of new clothes -3
Get Pregnant- 3

hmm... you all do realize that these two things don't really go well together, right?  I mean, if I were to get pregnant I would certainly buy some new maternity clothes.. but the fact that they are 90% elastic just makes me want to eat some cookies. mmmm.... cookies.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you never fail to make me laugh out loud!! i'm glad no one can see me sitting in front of this screen laughing like a nut!! i digress....first of all we all go the opposite direction of what we mean to much of our lives!! so, with that being said, you are "fairly" normal, and that should bring you NO consolation since you are related to me! :(
secondly, thank you for acknowledging that i was right yet again!! that always boosts my moral just a bit! and especially when it is structurally based! Faith, pure and simple!!! well, it might be pure, but it's sure not simple (most of the time)...but, i've always had more faith for other people more than for myself!! (can i hear an AMEN?)
needless to say i was thrilled when that offer came through!!!
Now, thirdly and probably more importantly....DO NOT waste your 50# loss and reward buying maternity clothes!!! i BEG YOU!!!
i'm not opposed to you ever having another baby....but could we please a nice long summer with you IN the pool, and looking great in a bathing suit, and enjoying the 3 beautiful, awesome children you already have???? please, just one more summer? *sigh* i know the vote was a tie, but for pete's sake BUY BRIGHT FORM FITTING normal clothes and save the maternity ones for another time!
oh, and i've i mentioned how proud i am of you? not just in your weight loss, which i'm extremely proud of, but also with all your motherly,wifely, and cooking skills, not to mention having time for this wonderful, enlightening and at times "hysterical" blog? if not...let it be said! I'M PROUD OF YOU!!! and LOVE YOU very much!! xoxoxo AJ